Requirement for using own symbols
Created by: Niklas Strannefors
Modified on: Thu, 14 Apr, 2022 at 3:39 PM
There are very few requirements for using own symbols with BFT, below lists the requirements and “nice-to-have”.
Revit 2020 – Revit 2021
- Categories: Must be either Generic Model or Fire Alarm Device
- Generic Models are used for Wall compartmentation, the name must contain Fire_FireCompartmentation for Connect Fire Rating and Legend tool to work. If the family has a parameter Fire_Top, quick wall compartmentation will enter that value on that length parameter.
- If the family has a text parameter named Fire_GUID, the tool will automatically write the linked objects GUID on that tool. It will automatically write “-“ when not being able to connect. Not necessary.
- All parameter values that want to be sent to other stakeholders, must be instance parameters.
Revit 2022 –
- New categories have been introduced: Audio Visual Devices, Electrical Equipment, Fire Protection, Mechanical Equipment, Security Devices, and Speciality Equipment in addition to Fire Alarm Device and Generic Model.
- Fire Protection is used for Wall Compartmentation and Opening Requirements. The name for wall compartmentation must contain Fire_FireCompartmentation for Connect Fire Rating and Legend tool to work. If the family has a parameter Fire_Top, quick wall compartmentation will enter that value on that length parameter.
Note: Generic models work as well if a project is updated.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.